We thought we’d heard the last from the wizarding world of Harry Potter, however all is not lost in the depths of the Whomping Willow and Hogwarts dungeons. Warner Home Video has announced an exclusive Harry Potter box set, with special features and collectibles, as well as all eight films.
Many of us have been on the journey from the very first book, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, through the epic films and right up to the dramatic conclusion. Just when we thought the world of Harry, Ron and Hermione was fading into a magical memory, a whole heap of stuff has been regurgitated, rather like Ron and that unfortunate incident with his broken wand and the slugs. However, we’re hoping that this will leave a better taste in our mouths, which it should do as this is the largest ever collector’s set for fans of the stories.
The announcement comes on author J. K. Rowling’s birthday (31st July), who shares it with ‘The Boy Who Lived’ himself. The Harry Potter Wizard’s Collection comes elaborately packaged in a chest, that looks like it flew straight out of the famous school on the Hogwarts Express. It will be available to buy from 10th September and here is a list of everything you can look forward to:
Films – all on Blu-ray, DVD and UltraViolet
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (Theatrical Version and Extended Cut)
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Theatrical Version and Extended Cut)
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 2D and 3D Versions
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 2D and 3D Versions
Blu-Ray Special Features for hours of entertainment – includes all previously released Special Features
Harry Potter Wizard’s Collection Bonus Disc – Nearly 4 hours of features including:
– All New! “The Harry Potters You Never Met” – Meet the stunt doubles for Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson as they demonstrate how they balanced major stunt work with seamlessly mimicking the actors they represented and share their favorite moments.
– All New! “Designing the World of Harry Potter” – Explore how production designer Stuart Craig and his creative team brought J.K. Rowling’s imagination to life on the screen.
– All New! “When Harry Left Hogwarts” (Extended Version) – Hear candid and emotional stories about the final days on set in this extended behind-the-scenes look.
– All New! “50 Greatest Harry Potter Moments” (Definitive Version) – Take a look back with cast members who share their on and off-screen memories.
– All New! “Secrets Revealed! Quidditch” – At last, the secrets behind the special effects required for the breathtaking Quidditch scenes are revealed!
– All New! “Secrets Revealed! Hagrid”- See the camera tricks, towering stand-in and voluminous body suits behind the beloved Keeper of Keys and Grounds at Hogwarts.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 Bonus Disc – Over 2 hours of features including:
– All New! “Creating the World of Harry Potter, Part. 7: Story”
– All previously released special features!
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 Bonus Disc – Over 4 hours of features including:
– All New! “Creating the World of Harry Potter, Part. 8: Growing Up”
– All New! “A Conversation with J.K. Rowling and Daniel Radcliffe: Extended Version” – with 15 minutes of new footage
– “Hogwarts’ Last Stand” (Extended Version)
– All previously released special features!
Memorabilia designed exclusively for the collection by the graphic designers from the films:
– Label Collection – A collection of prop labels created by the production for potions, wizarding products and more
– Harry Potter Catalogue of Artefacts – 48-page rigid book featuring the favourite props of the film’s graphic designers
– Blueprint poster of Hogwarts castle – Detailed blueprint of Hogwarts castle is 22” x 26”
– Concept Art Prints – High quality color concept art prints from the films are perfect for framing
– Map of Hogwarts and the areas surrounding it – Full color 24” x 36” map of Hogwarts printed on fabric
– Stuart Craig sketch prints — Series of 5” x 7” black and white concept sketches from Harry Potter production designer, Stuart Craig
– Horcrux Locket – Wearable, high-quality prop replica created by Noble Collection
– Certificate of Authenticity – A uniquely numbered 8” x 10” certificate inspired by a Hogwarts Express ticket.