After a good few years for animated movies, it’s safe to say the genre is truly coming into its own. So you don’t miss out on any of 2013’s animated releases, we’re offering you the chance to win two Showcase Cinemas tickets to be used across the UK.
The likes of Brave and Wreck It Ralf wowed critics, audiences and award panelists alike last year, but this year seems to be all about the sequel. Starting with Monsters University. The prequel to 2001’s hit Monsters Inc. takes place during our two favourite monsters, Sully (John Goodman) and Mike’s (Billy Crystal), college years. You may have wondered before how on Earth the two became friends? Well, as we find out on 12 July, they weren’t always. Steve Buscemi and Helen Mirren also star.
Steve Carell has also returned for the sequel to 2010’s Despicable Me. This time around, Gru (Carell), the criminal mastermind who took in three orphan girls to use as pawns in a grand scheme, has been recruited by the Anti-Villain League to help deal with a new and powerful super criminal in Despicable Me 2.
Or you could always get the best of the live action and animated worlds in The Smurfs 2. Neil Patrick Harris is back again in this family comedy. The Smurfs team up with their human friends to rescue Smurfette, who has been kidnapped by Gargamel. Why? Because she knows a secret spell than can turn the evil sorcerer’s new creation ‘The Naughties’ into real Smurfs.
Eek! To have a chance to win Showcase Cinemas tickets for you and a friend, all you have to do is answer the question below:
Who voices Mike in Monsters University?
1. Entry to the competitions is restricted to one entry per person please.
2. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. Automated entries, bulk entries or third party entries will be disqualified!
4. The competition is open to UK residents only.
5. Prizes can only be sent to a valid UK address.
6. Winners will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
7. Winners will be contacted via email names displayed on our website.
8. The Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
9. The competition will run from 21/06/2013 until 08/07/2013.
10. TheFilmReview.com is compliant with the data protection act. Our policy is such that we will not pass on your details to any third party without your prior consent.
11. By entering this competition, you will assent to receive a monthly newsletter from The Film Review.