This week sees the DVD and Blu-ray release of Paul Abbott’s East London thriller, Twenty8k – and we’ve got three copies to give away!
BAFTA winning screenwriter Paul Abbott is the man behind hit British TV dramas such as Shameless and State of Play, as well as co-scripting feature film Twenty8K which hit UK cinemas earlier this month.
Deeva Jani, played by Bend It Like Beckham’s Parminder Nagra, returns home from her Paris-based fashion job to the streets of pre-Olympics East London in a bid to clear her younger brother (newcomer Sebastian Nanena) of murder charges held against him following a nightclub shooting. However, after realising that all is not as it seems, she teams up with Clint, an ex-gang member played by Jonas Armstrong (Robin Hood), in order to uncover a conspiracy much bigger than she had ever imagined.
As this fast-paced thriller unfolds Nagra and Armmstrong are joined by superb cast of young British talent, including Kierston Wareing (Fish Tank), Kaya Scodelario (Skins), Michael Socha (This is England), Nichola Burley (Street Dance 3D), Derek Riddell (Ugly Betty) and Stephen Dillane (Game of Thrones).
You can find out more information about Twenty8k and watch the trailer here: twenty8k.co.uk.
To be in with a chance of winning one of three DVD copies of Twenty8K, simply answer the question below:
Jake Gosling co-wrote the score for Twenty8K – but which of the following artists has he NOT worked with in the past?
1. Entry to the competitions is restricted to one entry per person please.
2. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. Automated entries, bulk entries or third party entries will be disqualified!
4. The competition is open to UK residents only.
5. Prizes can only be sent to a valid UK address.
6. Winners will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
7. Winners will be contacted via email names displayed on our website.
8. The Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
9. The competition will run from 28/09/2012 until 12/10/2012.
10. TheFilmReview.com is compliant with the data protection act. Our policy is such that we will not pass on your details to any third party without your prior consent.
11. By entering this competition, you will assent to receive a monthly newsletter from The Film Review.