Fancy heading down to the Ping Pong Weekender this weekend – an Olympic celebration at East London’s Rich Mix, with screenings of table tennis documentary Ping Pong and live streaming of all the Olympic action? Simply enter our competition to win tickets!
The Ping Pong Weekender is an Olympic celebration taking place this weekend – 4th and 5th August 2012 – which encourages both young and old to get involved with playing table tennis and soak up the sporting atmosphere surrounding the Olympics down at East London’s Rich Mix.
Table tennis documentary, Ping Pong – part of the Official Selection at this year’s Sheffield Doc/Fest – follows the story of eight players from five countries (who are all above the age of 80) as they compete at the 2010 World Championships in Inner Mongolia – take a look at our full review here. The film will be be screened at 1pm and 5pm on both the Saturday and Sunday, with each screening followed by a Q+A with the filmmakers.
Meanwhile, co-hosts Pongerthon will be organising games around the eight table tennis tables which are free for ticket holders to use, and there will also be live screenings of the Olympic Games on the big screen.
For more information, visit: www.richmix.org.uk/whats-on/festival/ping-pong-weekender
To be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets, simply answer the question below:
Which of the following poems is NOT quoted by table tennis world champion, Olympic weight lifter and Olympic torch bearer, Les Darcy, in the documentary film, Ping Pong? (Take a look at our review for a clue!)
1. Entry to the competitions is restricted to one entry per person please.
2. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. Automated entries, bulk entries or third party entries will be disqualified!
4. The competition is open to UK residents only.
5. Prizes can only be sent to a valid UK address.
6. Winners will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
7. Winners will be contacted via email names displayed on our website.
8. The Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
9. The competition will run from 30/07/2012 until 02/08/2012.
10. TheFilmReview.com is compliant with the data protection act. Our policy is such that we will not pass on your details to any third party without your prior consent.
11. By entering this competition, you will assent to receive a monthly newsletter from The Film Review.